Island Base FM to gain 100% independence and expand into international Music Hub
Written by Admin on August 26, 2019
Island Base FM is expanding officially into an EVENTS & PRODUCTION company and RECORDING studio while separating itself from the 87.5FM frequency and former studio at Matautu, Samoa.
The 87.5FM frequency will continue under local management but with a different name, smaller broadcasting radius and no connection to Base FM (NZ), its team, DJs or network.
Earlier this year, the Base FM team (NZ) branched out further into the South Pacific and launched its sister station, Island Base FM. The mission: to connect the sounds and people of the South Pacific and build a platform of collaborations between New Zealand, Australia and the islands. The last few months saw the Base FM team bring over established international artists such as Poetik, Lion Rezz, Israel Starr (NZ), DTP (AUS), Justin Wellington (AUS) and numerous DJs for shows and to team them up with local talent.
Island Base FM created a great platform by combining content locally and internationally through the well-established Base FM (NZ) network of DJs and artists as well as hosting events, workshops and community projects – all funded & executed by the team of Base FM NZ, who are convinced and fully committed to that concept.
The brand ‘ISLAND BASE’ will continue to follow its vision of Connecting the people & sounds of the South Pacific in the form of:
- Island Base FM – An Online radio station that continues to stream live content 24/7 from NZ and the islands via www.islandbasefm.com and the Island Base FM APP (both free & worldwide).
- Island Base Events/Production/Promotion – Bringing established international artists to Samoa while at the same time teaming them up with local artists at live events. Event artwork, video and promotions all produced in-house
- Island Base Recordings – A recording studio to connect local talent of all kind with international artists (singers, musicians, DJs & producers).
All 100% owned and operated by Base FM NZ and with the overall vision of ‘mixing things up’ by building a platform that promotes music across the South Pacific by enabling artists to:
- Record their music
- Play it live around the island and overseas
- Get the music out to the DJs and listeners around the world
IT’S THE FULL PACKAGE.
…If you aren’t already…
LISTEN LIVE & WORLDWIDE (FREE):
iPhone & Android APP
After 15 years of experience in broadcasting, running events, festivals and working successfully with artists, media and clients of all kinds around the world, Base FM (NZ) is excited to be bringing more collaborations and music projects of all kinds to Samoa and the rest of the South Pacific.
Some big things in the making that we can’t wait to share with you…
UP NEXT: Justin Wellington (PNG) Live in Samoa for 2x shows